Learning Disabilities Expert Forum
How can I overcome my uneven motivation?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Learning Disability Forum are being answered by medical professionals. Topics include: Assessment and Diagnosis, Behavioral Issues, Emotional Development, Family Issues, Language-Speech Issues, Living With Learning Disabilities, Parenting, School Issues, Social Development

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

How can I overcome my uneven motivation?

Hi
My name is Pegah and I'm a 25 years old girl from Toronto. I have had uneven motivation all my life throughout school. Sometimes I study and sometimes I don't. Why does my brain make me act the way I do? how can I overcome it? is my uneven motivation my fault? am I the one responsible for my underachievements in school?. I took psychiatric medications but I don't want to take them anymore because of their side effects.
Related Discussions
521840_tn?1348844371
Hello,
   the question of what motivates one person and not another is one of life's mysteries.  Psychotropic drugs can alleviate symptoms that get in the way of achievement, but they do not solve our problems. I would recommend you find a psychotherapist who can help you learn more about your personality and help you discover what does motivate you. A psychologist, licensed counselor, or clinical social worker can help you make lasting changes if you are willing to do the work.

Best Wishes
Rebecca Resnik
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
5624042_tn?1372200166
Tali Shenfield, PhDBlank
Richmond Hill Psychology Center
Richmond Hill, ON,
521840_tn?1348844371
Rebecca Resnik, PsyDBlank
MindWell Clinical Psychology