Leukemia & Lymphoma Community
14 month old test results
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to all leukemia and lymphoma issues, Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML), ALL, AML, CLL, SLL, anemia, biopsy, bone pain, chemotherapy, Hodgkins Lymphoma, monoclonal antibody therapy, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, stem cell transplant , swelling, vaccine therapy, weakness, and weight loss.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

14 month old test results

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this but Dr. Google is not helping me.  My son had blood allergy testing at 13 months and came back with high wbc, his allergist thought it was odd but he had just gotten over a ear infection so we thought that could be why.  We repeated the blood work a month later after he had shown no signs of illness and his wbc had come down but was still a little high, but his lymphocytes had increased and his neutrophiles had decreased.  I'm trying to find what this could indicate.  He also has a very swollen lymph node on the base of his skull and when I talk him to the peditricition she said there were a few more slightly swollen in his neck and groin.  She talked to a pedi hematoogist and they are just having us wait and retest later this month to see what happens but I'm freaking out.

I can't find what ranges we should panic.  At 13 months his lympocytes were 64% and at 14 months 74% (normal 40-65) and his neutraphiles were 10.9 and then 10.5(normal 1.6-7.8).  

Does anyone know about this or where I can find more info?

Thanks!
1081992_tn?1389907237
Hi, I don't now much about childrens' conditions and test results for children might be interpreted differently than for adults, but the numbers don't seem that high. Also, the docs don't seem alarmed at this point at all, so it's probably best (though nerve wracking) to just wait and see what happens.

One thing to mention: having both lymphocytes and neutrophils go high seems a lot more like infection (or some mystery immune condition) than a blood cancer (which is more likely to raise the counts of just one type of cell). AFAIK, lymphocytosis + neutrophilia doesn't fit with cancer. Neither does enlarged nodes appearing suddenly at those different sites far from each other.

The next CBC test might show all counts having dropped. When is it scheduled?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Leukemia & Lymphoma Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank