Abnormalt tests
My 4 year old daughter has the following "off range" parameters.

MCV 70 (low) Normal
Normal saline flush
Range (78-102)
MCH 20,8 (low) Normal
Normal saline flush
Range (27-35)
RDW 18,5 (high) Normal
Normal saline flush
Range (11-14)
HGB 10,1 (low) Normal
Normal saline flush
Range (12-16)
HCT 34 (low) Normal
Normal saline flush
Range (36 -49)

She takes iron last time feritin was tested was borderline
Borderline personality disorder

She had the hemoglobin test for the Thalassemia trait 3 times, it was negative the first two times and non conclusive the last time. We were told to do DNA testing. We had that done in one lab and it was negative, we will repeat it.
I am starting to worry, if its not the trait or anemia,
could it be cancer or leukemia???
Any suggestions?
Thank you
Hello, I don't know any answer for you, but perhaps a little info might be helpful. There are generally two ways in which blood cells are affected by a blood cancer:
1) the cells can increase and increase because they multiply too much, such as in leukemia - but that affects white blood cells and so that doesn't seem to apply here
2) the bad cancer cells get into the marrow where all blood cells start out being made. Eventually, the bad cells crowd out the good cell-making activity and so the counts of normal, good cells decline. However, that doesn't seem to apply to your daughter because she seems to have only anemia and her other cells counts (WBC and platelets) are normal.

So, unfortunately she has some mysterious anemia but it's probably not a blood cancer.