Leukemia & Lymphoma Community
Armpit pain with no palpable lumps...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to all leukemia and lymphoma issues, Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML), ALL, AML, CLL, SLL, anemia, biopsy, bone pain, chemotherapy, Hodgkins Lymphoma, monoclonal antibody therapy, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, stem cell transplant , swelling, vaccine therapy, weakness, and weight loss.

Armpit pain with no palpable lumps...

I am a 24 year old male. I have been having something resembling globus symptoms for almost 6 months. In May, after a particularly stressful period  I began to develop a very moderate general pain in my arm pits. There are no palpable lumps whatsoever. I check daily. The weird thing is that the pain seems to come and go at random. However, I notice that when I am lifting weights I can feel the pain. I stopped lifting weights for over a week thinking it was a muscular problem, however, the pain would come and go as it had before. The weirdest thing is that whenever I was done washing my armpits in the shower, I feel this rubbing of my armpit skin that feels like it is swollen or something. However, there is no visible sign of swelling. So, after freaking out reading about lymphoma I went to my GP. He felt around and said he had no idea what was going on. Well, it has been over a month and I still have it coming and going. I have constant throat issues, so I went to the ENT and he said I just happen to have huge tonsils that don't look infected or worrisome. He prescribed me some generic prilosec because it looks like I have some acid reflux affecting my larynx. The globus sensation is now gone, but I still feel my tonsils and my voice is still slightly weaker than usual. My questions are as follows: What could be causing the armpit discomfort? Are the arm pit and throat feelings related? Should I push to have my tonsils removed, and if so, would this make anything better? Any advice you have on next steps would be helpful. As for my thyroid I had two post hemorrhagic cysts and the doctor would just like to monitor their development over the next few months with a follow up sonogram.
Hi.  From the way you described the pain, this is most likely coming from the muscle and subcutaneous tissues underneath the skin.  This is most commonly related to stress or through over usage of the involved extremity.  This is best treated through stretching and strengthening exercises that should be supervised by a rehabilitation physician or a physical therapist.  If you are feeling all sorts of pain from different sites, then fibromyalgia can also be a plausible diagnosis.  Regards.
Hi, have a look on the Internet at Glandular Fever caused by the Epstein Barr virus.  It can also cause Lymphatic Cancer.  Not to scare you but I had the same symptoms and was diagnose with Fibromalgia.  However, test results revealed that I had positive antibodies for Epstein Barr Virus.  Thereafter I had myself tested for Lympathic Cancer.  Go for the blood tests, better safe than sorry.  Good luck to you!  D.