Leukemia & Lymphoma Community
Benign Lymphoma question??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to all leukemia and lymphoma issues, Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML), ALL, AML, CLL, SLL, anemia, biopsy, bone pain, chemotherapy, Hodgkins Lymphoma, monoclonal antibody therapy, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, stem cell transplant , swelling, vaccine therapy, weakness, and weight loss.

Benign Lymphoma question??

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this.  Please tell me if it's not.  I have a small lump on my head behind my ear.  It has been causing a lot of pain and disscomfort, especially when I try to sleep.  Before I noticed this lump I had pain and stiffness in the back of my neck the day before(I know this could be unrelated).  I went to see my doctor about it and she said it is either a cyst or a benign lymphoma.  I didn't think to ask what would have caused either one.  I told her that I am also having head aches and neck pain.  She said those things are probably unrelated except for problems in the back of my head and neck because the "thing" might be putting pressure on a nerve or something, but that the headaches towards the front of my head are not connected.  It's odd to me that they are not related when often I will feel pain going from the bump to the front of my head.  But she is the doctor.  Does anyone have or know what I'm talking about?  I haven't been able to sleep very well the last few nights and have been getting head aches.  It's almost a burning pain some times too.  She gave me muscle relaxers and told me to wait and see if it improved on it's own.  Meanwhile I am so tired.  Any pressure on it is painful.  Well I'm rambling now because I'm half asleep.  Any advice or insight is appreciated.

Thanks!
Did I post this in the wrong place?
Could someone tell me please if I have posted this in the wrong place and maybe why no one has answered my post?

my little brother had something like that in the back of his right ear and  it grew a little bit.. the dr removed it and it turned out to just be a large benign nothing.