Leukemia & Lymphoma Community
Biopsy surgery
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to all leukemia and lymphoma issues, Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML), ALL, AML, CLL, SLL, anemia, biopsy, bone pain, chemotherapy, Hodgkins Lymphoma, monoclonal antibody therapy, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, stem cell transplant , swelling, vaccine therapy, weakness, and weight loss.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Biopsy surgery

Two months ago I had a surgery to remove a tumor from my thigh. After the surgery I got a blood clot . I get treatment for that. My concern is with the fluids I get in the area where the tumor was. I go to the hospital once a week to drain it.I know that during the surgery they cut a lymph node. My question is how long it will take to recover and is it normal ?       eva
Related Discussions
Hi Eva.
How extensive was the surgery done on your thigh?  After extensive surgery, a drain is usually placed to drain the excess fluid accumulating in the surgical site and thus facilitate wound healing.  Fluids that accumulate should be drained also to prevent infection of the surgical site.    
Do you already have the result of the biopsy?  I think you should go back to your surgeon for further evaluation and management.
Good luck.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Leukemia & Lymphoma Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank