Leukemia & Lymphoma Community
Bleeding gums

This patient support community is for discussions relating to all leukemia and lymphoma issues, Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML), ALL, AML, CLL, SLL, anemia, biopsy, bone pain, chemotherapy, Hodgkins Lymphoma, monoclonal antibody therapy, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, stem cell transplant , swelling, vaccine therapy, weakness, and weight loss.

Bleeding gums

My first time here.  I was looking up reasons why I might have bleeding gums.  I am fastidious about keeping my teeth brushed and have always had very healthy gums and teeth.  The past 8 months I have suddenly lost weight of 34 pounds without trying which is unusual for me.  I've had abdominal pain mainly on the L side but occasionally on the right side.  I've also had nausea daily and vomiting which is usually a morning occurrence about 4 times a week.  It all started with constipation last July which was shocking since I've lived with diarrhea  (2x a week) for the past 20 years.  The vomiting and nausea started in October and then I struggled for 3 or 4 months with a loss in appetite which is still a struggle.  I do feel like a little bit of my appetite has come back, but I still can't eat as much as I used to.  I feel full so quickly.  Within the past two weeks my gums have started bleeding, my feet have been swelling to which I even took pictures of my feet to make sure I wasn't seeing thing.  First thing in the morning, they're normal size....then by afternoon they are swollen.    Also some nights I will be so itchy I will break the skin, I've itched so hard.   And I have been having some terrible sweating some nights where I will soak my pajamas.  It's not every night, but it has been several over the past 3 weeks.  I've also been struggling with back pain on the upper right side and sometimes on the left.  I also have developed 4 tiny pin sized red marks on my torso and chest, foot which I thought was a bit weird.  All that aside, I have really been struggling with major fatigue so much that I feel like I have mono at times.  Other times it's not so bad.  
I've had every test you can think of~colonoscopy, ultrasound of the abdomen & pelvis, two CT scans of the abdomen and pelvis, mammogram, brain CT scan, EGD, upper GI with a Small Bowel Follow-through, HIDA scan, left leg ultrasound, stool sample checking for Giardia and blood work for H. Pylori bacteria.  IAll my tests have come back clear.  I'm scheduled for a capsule endoscopy next week.  I've had my blood work done which was showing everything normal until just recently there was a change.  My urine showed that it is yellow and cloudy with a WBC esterase 2+ in it.  It showed also traces of ketones and that crystals are present.  I don't know what crystals or ketones mean.  It showed that my WBC count went from 4.7 in February to an 11.5 at the end of May.  I was under the impression that the WBC count of 11.5 really isn't anything to worry about.  I do not have a urinary tract infection as I have no pain, no straining or gripping or burning. I know that if a UTI is left untreated, it only gets worse.  Well, today I am still having no struggles with any kind of UTI so I can only assume that I don't have one.  So, I know there has to be another reason as to why I have blood in my urine.  

My maternal uncle died from leukemia and my maternal grandmother died of kidney disease.  Can anyone give me suggestions as to what they think is wrong with me or what I can do next?   Do I have some kind of little kidney thing going on?  I'm feeling desperate to get better so that I can look after my little girls better.  Oh yeah, I have also been faithfully taking nutritional supplements (like an Ensure drink) daily and some extra vitamins of B6, B12, Bcomplex 50, Garlic, Fish oil, Magnesium and Activated Charcoal gel caps.