Leukemia & Lymphoma Community
Blood test results

This patient support community is for discussions relating to all leukemia and lymphoma issues, Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML), ALL, AML, CLL, SLL, anemia, biopsy, bone pain, chemotherapy, Hodgkins Lymphoma, monoclonal antibody therapy, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, stem cell transplant , swelling, vaccine therapy, weakness, and weight loss.

Blood test results

I had a blood test done recently and the results are
Raised , Luymphocyte count/Monocyte/Esonophil counts
Lowered Basophil count
Percentage Hypochromic cells 1.0%

Please can I have any thoughts on this subject thank you
Hi.

The interpretation of blood counts is best given under the context of clinical symptoms and the over all presentation of a patient.  However, just to give you an idea, the raised lymphocyte count is a sign of a possible viral infection in the body. The monocytes may likewise signify infection. The raised eosinophil count can be seen in patients with allergies or with parasitic infections.  The low  basophil I believe is of not much significance.

Hypochromic cells are a characteristic of iron deficiency anemia, but in your situation where the percentage is only 1%, I believe this is not significant either.
Hi thank you for your comments:
I have posted more information on the Luekemia and lymphoma forum, under more lymph nodes (I think)  I will post this and look at the thread and tell youwhere it is, that will give you more information.
Yes it is in the cancer communtiy/luek and lymph. and is called more lymph nodes.

I would very much appreciate anything you can tell me.

Thank you