Leukemia & Lymphoma Community
Bruising and Leukemia
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to all leukemia and lymphoma issues, Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML), ALL, AML, CLL, SLL, anemia, biopsy, bone pain, chemotherapy, Hodgkins Lymphoma, monoclonal antibody therapy, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, stem cell transplant , swelling, vaccine therapy, weakness, and weight loss.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Bruising and Leukemia

I know most of the questions here consist of people wondering if they actually have leukemia or lymphoma, and I understand forum members are not doctors and cannot diagnose.  I am in the process of being tested by my doctor, so I won't bore you with the details.  My question has to do with the bruising.  I am aware it happens because of low platelets, but how bruised is bruised?  I have several right now, but they are not deep purple/blue.  They look like bruises that are healing.  They are definite skin discolorations, but I'm curious to know from anyone who had/has them what they look like.

Thanks.  Sending good wishes to all!