Can a CBC not indicate leukemia and miss it?
I would like to start out saying I'm not a hypochondriac.

I have been anemic for MONTHS. I have been on iron and vitamin c for 6 months, and i continue to get more anemic. My iron, hmg (i think right letters), and rbc keep dropping. But everything else is normal.

I'm a 21 year old female, 140 pounds, 5'7. I have lost some weight recently (only ten pounds in like 2 months), nothing major. I'm on bc so I only get 4 periods a year. I used to donate blood a lot and still be okay- I've been too anemic to donate so I haven't in the 6 months. I'm always tired and out of breath but that's from anemia right?

I also keep getting bruising on my legs (mainly my knees) when I'm pretty sure I haven't hit them or anything.  

So can a cbc only show anemia with leukemia, I feel like I'm not getting anywhere with my doctors I have no idea whats going on. I feel so tired it's getting in the way of my life.

Please help...
I added a photo (my profile picture) that shows some of the bruising I mentioned, not well, but it shows it.
quote: "I'm always tired and out of breath but that's from anemia right? "

yes, most likely

with leukemia or lymphoma, cell counts can go low because the bad cells crowd out the good cells in the marrow. The marrow is where production of the blood cells takes place.

But there are lots of causes of anemia besides cancer.

If platelet production is low, then that can result in bruising, but you say your counts other than RBCs are okay.

Another way for a cell count to be low is because they are being destroyed faster than they are being produced. E.g., an infection or your own immune system can destroy RBCs.

Can you have leukemia without that showing up in a CBC? I don't know, but I doubt it.

But there is also myelodysplasia:

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Myelodysplastic_syndrome

which usually occurs in those over 60 yrs old, but can occur wt any age. If platelets clump together, that can mimic the bruising from low platelets. It certainly can also account for the anemia.