Leukemia & Lymphoma Community
Can a cbc test be negative for leukemia if testing to early

This patient support community is for discussions relating to all leukemia and lymphoma issues, Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML), ALL, AML, CLL, SLL, anemia, biopsy, bone pain, chemotherapy, Hodgkins Lymphoma, monoclonal antibody therapy, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, stem cell transplant , swelling, vaccine therapy, weakness, and weight loss.

Recently learned we have a family history of cml. my daughter had a cbc done about a week ago due to elevated leukocytes in her urine and now she has mouth sores on roof of her mouth and red dots on the inside of her cheeks. Not sure what to make of it. Any suggestions?
Yes, CBC tests can come back fine even with cancer present (usually in the early stages), but my guess is your daughter most likely has an infection brewing, causing the elevated leukocytes and mouth sores.  This is usually the reason for elevated wbc's.  Family history of CML is not a risk factor, as it a chromosomal mutation that is acquired after birth (and usually in older people).

Thanks for the response and sorry for late thank you! It cleared up over the next couple days  but she is still complaining  about legs and stomach hurting. I think we will change her diet a little to see if that helps. Not a definite but doesn't hurt either.
You are very welcome.  I don't think you mentioned the pain in the legs or stomach previously...this seems like odd symptoms to have when put together with the mouth sores and rash.  If it continues, it might be a good idea to have her doctor see her again.