Leukemia & Lymphoma Community
Can you have a normal CBC count and have lymphoma or leukemia?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to all leukemia and lymphoma issues, Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML), ALL, AML, CLL, SLL, anemia, biopsy, bone pain, chemotherapy, Hodgkins Lymphoma, monoclonal antibody therapy, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, stem cell transplant , swelling, vaccine therapy, weakness, and weight loss.

Also is nausea and dizziness a sign of either one of these?
Hi:  What would make you think you have Leukemia?  Did they run tests on you looking for Leukemia or Lymphoma?  You did not say much about why you think this is something serious.  Hope you get a doctor to figure out why your having nausea and dizziness.  Good Luck
I have had an axillary lymph node swollen for 14 months now. My health care physician wants me to get it removed but cbc was great so I don’t see the need in removing it and having to go threw all of problems that can come along with lifting my kids everyday after the lymph node removal. I did see a breast cancer specialist today and she said the node has grown a little (1.2 to 1.5cm) in the past year and she said the node feels rubbery so she dose not believe it’s cancer and wants to see me back in 4 months instead of having it removed now. I just pray she is right.
Wow I am going through the exact same thing right now.  I've had enlarged axillary lymph nodes (2.4cm) on the left side for at least 13 months.  Blood work is great and no other signs of enlarged lymph nodes anywhere else.  I had a fine needle aspiration of the node in April which was negative.  My breast surgeon told me to "forget about it" but my gynocologist has been insisting on surgical excision because its not going away. I decided I just needed it out so I can have some peace of mind.  I actually just had surgery last week and will get the pathology reports back tomorrow.  So i pretty much can say I know EXACTLY what you're going through.  best of luck!  
Thanks for your response it's so nice to here from someone else that knows how you feel. So you had a  fine needle aspiration of the node? I don't know why but the 2 surgeons I saw didn't even give this option to me. They both said they would have to remove it completely. My reg family doc wants me to get it removed but I only want to have it removed if it absolutely needs to be. I have little ones and I'm have to lift them so it would be so hard for me to give that arm a rest after the surgery. I hope your results come back great! Please let me know how everything turns out. Best of luck to you!!!
I just found out today my lymph nodes are BENIGN!!!  YAY!!!  It was absolutely worth the excisional biopsy to finally have that peace of mind.  I'm still a little sore but regained full strength in my arm within a few days after surgery - but i don't have to chase around little ones!  They just need one or two nodes for biopsy so its not so bad.  I did see one surgeon who recommended "taking out the whole chain" of lymph nodes under my arm.  I didn't at all like the sound of that so I sought a second opinion.  I would do the whole thing again in a heartbeat!

I did have an ultrasound guided fine needle aspiration first to rule out the obvious.  If a disease process showed up at that time there wouldn't necessarily need to be an excisional biopsy.  But since that turned up benign i was advised to remove the whole node just in case something was missed.  I'm not a doctor nor do i pretend to be but a needle aspiration might not be such a bad place for you to start given your apprehension towards surgery (and i don't blame you!) and at least it can maybe give you some peace of mind.

Well I hope a helped you out even a little bit.  Best of luck with your decision making - I know its not easy!  Let me know if you have any other questions.
I have had several swollen lymph nodes all over my body for 3 or more months. More keep popping up. Feel tired, joint and muscle pain too. CBC is normal however. Could it still be cancer?
With a normal CBC it still could be, yes. But it's not likely, just going by the numbers without any additional signs. Don't forget that the main reason nodes get enlarged is because they are fighting some internal enemy, not because they are cancer.

you could look up 'systemic lymphadenopathy'
i have enlarged not painful lymph nodes ,,, weight loss 30 lbs over 1 yr hives yr no allergies found positve ana test no autoimmune.  night sweats and going to surgeon nov 1 to see why nodes are swollen.  i do have painful periods and sex trouble with ovary for years cysts that ruputre