Cancer?
Vmp
Worried...

by Vmp, Nov 18, 2010 08:02AM
Hi!
I am 26 yr old female - in pretty good health. I just had my first child in august.

I have had very dry itchy scalp my whole life. It never really seemed to bother me- when I got pregnant the dryness and itchyness seemed to be dormant.

However after I gave birth the dryness came back in full force. It is on the back of my scalp on the left side near my hairline - starting from the bottoms of my hair line to above my ear- all in my scalp.

I tried to look at the area if dryness and it's red with a white crust. Very itchy and burns at times.

The other day I was rubbing my neck and I felt a lump on the left side of my neck. The lump is movable and is not tender to the touch. It feels rubbery.

Now I google this and know I think I have cancer or tb. Then I think I make myself jaw other symptoms- i get very hot at night- I sweat but it's not a soaking sweat.

Other than that - I don't feel tired  I don't have a fever, and the weight I am losing is from my pregnancy- I still have an appetiate. I workout every day and I feel fine.

So any ideas why my lymph node is swollen??

I am not a fan of doctors ans I do have my yearly appointment the first week of January...
Vmp
Also the lump is near my hairline towards the back of my neck
Vmp
Lump has been there for about a month and hasn't changed sizes
Vmp
Any advice?
i'm in no way a Dr. . . but my mother had a tumor and i feel the lump could possibly be a tumor? . . hers was also as you described movable and soft.. the other very itchy and dry with redness and white crust could very well be Psorisis... being that it's on your scalp, i believe it could very well be that.. i have a friend with that condition.. it's common and usually known for it's red, irritated scalp caused by an autoimmune disease of the skin.. not contagious and not much to worry about.. avoid irritating shampoos with high alkalinity.. medicated shampoos usually would help with that.. i would have someone look at the lump though because it could very well lead to cancer or have been caused by cancer.. hope that helps in some case
Vmp
Hi!!
Thanks for you input..

The lump I can only feel if I tilt my head to the side or press very hard- it is about the size of a small pea- and sometimes I can't find out

Could it be there because I scratch my scalp a lot because of it's dryness?

What was ur moms tumor like and her symtpoms?
Take a blood test. It could answer. If you sweat at night it is time to be worried. Please go to a good doctor as soon as possible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!