Chemotherapy
I have had 2 rounds of chemo with fludarabine since my diagnosis. Can't have it again because it damaged my lungs last time. What is my onc likely to use next, and will it be harder than fludarabine?? My GP phoned me yesterday to tell me that my neutrophil count was very low. I know this can be a sign of leukemia  because the bone marrow produces immature white cells in this disease, which leaves less room for mature white cells in the blood. I also know that neutropenia can have other causes. I haven't had chemo for a year. Is it possible that chemo is responsible for my nertropenia?
Hi.
If your last chemotherapy is already a year ago, the neutropenia is not caused by this.  It may be secondary to the disease itself, as the marrow is not producing enough cells.
You should go back to your oncologist for further evaluation and management.  A bone marrow biopsy may be needed.  Also, you need to discuss treatment regimen as there are many chemotherapeutic drugs that can be used for CLL.
Good luck.