Leukemia & Lymphoma Community
Chemotherapy
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to all leukemia and lymphoma issues, Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML), ALL, AML, CLL, SLL, anemia, biopsy, bone pain, chemotherapy, Hodgkins Lymphoma, monoclonal antibody therapy, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, stem cell transplant , swelling, vaccine therapy, weakness, and weight loss.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Chemotherapy

I have had 2 rounds of chemo with fludarabine since my diagnosis. Can't have it again because it damaged my lungs last time. What is my onc likely to use next, and will it be harder than fludarabine?? My GP phoned me yesterday to tell me that my neutrophil count was very low. I know this can be a sign of leukemia  because the bone marrow produces immature white cells in this disease, which leaves less room for mature white cells in the blood. I also know that neutropenia can have other causes. I haven't had chemo for a year. Is it possible that chemo is responsible for my nertropenia?