Leukemia & Lymphoma Community
Concerned fiance, troubling blood results
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to all leukemia and lymphoma issues, Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML), ALL, AML, CLL, SLL, anemia, biopsy, bone pain, chemotherapy, Hodgkins Lymphoma, monoclonal antibody therapy, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, stem cell transplant , swelling, vaccine therapy, weakness, and weight loss.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Concerned fiance, troubling blood results

My fiance who is 36 years of age has been having symptoms that i am worried about. She recently went for an exam. She took 3 different blood tests on monday. On wednesday the nurse called her and said they found something in her blood to be elevated. She was scheduled to go back in a month. But the nurse said they wanted her to come back next week after they got the results. They want her to go in for an ultrasound. Her symptoms are consistant with this cancer and has me extremely worried for her. Here are her symptoms. Her first symptom started a year ago. Which was abdomen pain.

1.Abdomen pain, sometime would be severe pain. Which she saw a doctor in december and told her to take prilosec. Which would help calm the pain.
2. Vomitting, she has vomitted very little blood sometimes. She usually only vomits after being stressed out. She doesn't vomit occasionally. She sometimes does feel nausea. But usually after being stressed out
3. Last week she had a nose bleed. Only nose bleed she's had in the year her first symptom started.
4. mild pain on her hips
5. easily bruised, noticed when she hit her knee on the computer desk. But she has told me she has always bruised easily.

Her most common symptoms are usually stomach pain that is calm. And sometimes is calm when taking the prilosec otc. But then again the blood results have me worried. She did have the flu a week before she saw the doctor on monday. I don't know if that can have an effect on the results or not.

I am worried about her. And wish her to live a long and healthy life. Is there a strong chance that she may have it? If it is, does leukemia respond well to treatment? Its not too late to start treatment only after noticing her first symptoms for almost a year now.

Any advice would be great. I am losing sleep everynight over this. Can't stand the thought of something happening to her.

Thank you for your time.

James