Leukemia & Lymphoma Community
Could this be leukemia?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to all leukemia and lymphoma issues, Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML), ALL, AML, CLL, SLL, anemia, biopsy, bone pain, chemotherapy, Hodgkins Lymphoma, monoclonal antibody therapy, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, stem cell transplant , swelling, vaccine therapy, weakness, and weight loss.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Could this be leukemia?

Hi. I'm not sure if I am posting in the correct forum or not, but I have been having back pain for the past month and I know someone who was diagnosed with Leukemia and his main symptom was lower back pain.

Like I said, for the past month I have been having lower back pain. I have tried heating pads and using pillows as support when laying down and nothing seems to make it better. It hasn't gotten any worse which I dont know is a good or bad thing. It seems to be in the area of the tailbone. I get frequent allergies which cause alot of sneezing for about a 24 hr period at a time, so at first I thought I had sneezed so hard that I had pulled something but it hasnt gotten better since. I also recently left a job I was at for about 4 years where I would be standing on my feet anywhere from 5-9 hrs a day, 5 days a week. The pain didnt start until I had left the job, so I thought maybe my back was becoming tightened from less movement. I am also a frequent back cracker, and since this pain has started, I haven't been able to crack back as often, sometimes not at all. Is there a connection with that?

Either way, a simple visit to the doctor would be an automatic suggestion but I'm sure I would be sent for testing and my insurance won't cover anything at this time.  So I am here to see if there are any suggestions as to what this could be. Thankfully, I have no other symptoms that I have read leukemia brings.

Thanks.
1081992_tn?1389907237
Hi, your guesses (besides leukemia) seem more right to me. It seems all inflammation related, too.

Btw, I also used to crack my own back but didn't need to so much after doing lots of ab exercises. To help the tightness, sitting on the floor (heels down, knees up) or on a stoop helps - as long as it's not overdone which can just aggravate nerves.

Good luck.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Leukemia & Lymphoma Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank