Leukemia & Lymphoma Community
DEXTROSCOLIOSIS 12 degrees
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to all leukemia and lymphoma issues, Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML), ALL, AML, CLL, SLL, anemia, biopsy, bone pain, chemotherapy, Hodgkins Lymphoma, monoclonal antibody therapy, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, stem cell transplant , swelling, vaccine therapy, weakness, and weight loss.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

DEXTROSCOLIOSIS 12 degrees

Hi! I had my check up 3 mos. ago and in my x ray, I was examined to have a dextroscoliosis 12 degrees. I am concerned how serious this is and what possible actions should I do to overcome this.
Thank you very much.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
907672_tn?1381029323
From what I could gather online, dextroscoliosis is a curvature of the spine.  I don't think it has anything to do with cancer, more like an incidental finding on the xray.  12 degrees must mean how far it is curving.  I don't know how serious this is, but I would mention it to your doctor when you go over the results just to make sure it's nothing to worry about.
Blank
1081992_tn?1389907237
Hi, the amount of curvature is generally the most important thing. Sometimes the therapy is a brace. Otherwise a big surgery is required. Sorry to say, it most likely won't get better on its own, but will get worse over time.

But you can find reports of people doing specific exercises to make it better.

Just going from memory, 12 degrees isn't too bad.

I'd also look into how rapidly it developed. If very suddenly, then this is important: I'd want to look into the possibility of a syrinx and/or Chiari malformation.

You really need to find a scoliosis group,
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Leukemia & Lymphoma Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank