End Stage CLL
My grandfather is 85 years old and has had CLL for about 7 years.  He's been doing chemo but cannot have any further treatment.  (He almost died the last two times he had his regular chemo.)  His spleen and lymph nodes are somewhat enlarged and the pain comes and goes.  I am trying to decide if I need to make a trip to see him and my grandma sooner than six weeks from now, which is when my ticket is for.  How long do older CLL patients typically live once they reach the stage of not being able to have further treatment?
That's a tough question to answer because no two patients are alike.  I've heard of people who were given less than 3 months to live and two years later they're still kicking.  However, I'd suggest going as soon as possible, just in case something does happen.  That way you won't have any regrets.