Leukemia & Lymphoma Community
End Stage CLL
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to all leukemia and lymphoma issues, Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML), ALL, AML, CLL, SLL, anemia, biopsy, bone pain, chemotherapy, Hodgkins Lymphoma, monoclonal antibody therapy, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, stem cell transplant , swelling, vaccine therapy, weakness, and weight loss.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

End Stage CLL

My grandfather is 85 years old and has had CLL for about 7 years.  He's been doing chemo but cannot have any further treatment.  (He almost died the last two times he had his regular chemo.)  His spleen and lymph nodes are somewhat enlarged and the pain comes and goes.  I am trying to decide if I need to make a trip to see him and my grandma sooner than six weeks from now, which is when my ticket is for.  How long do older CLL patients typically live once they reach the stage of not being able to have further treatment?