Leukemia & Lymphoma Community
Enlarged Axillary Lymph Node
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to all leukemia and lymphoma issues, Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML), ALL, AML, CLL, SLL, anemia, biopsy, bone pain, chemotherapy, Hodgkins Lymphoma, monoclonal antibody therapy, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, stem cell transplant , swelling, vaccine therapy, weakness, and weight loss.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Enlarged Axillary Lymph Node

As the title suggests, I have an enlarged axillary lymph node. My doctor rushed an ultrasound and blood work.
The results were that it is a solid mass roughly 4cm in diameter. I don't know if this means anything, but the blood flow on the doppler was intense to this 'ball'. It did have clearly defined borders (which is a good thing, they said).

Due to fatigue, constant infections, etc. the doc ran a lupus test, which came back negative. Also, I had a 'left shift' (indicates neutrophils) with no infection at the time (just off antibiotics).

My doc wants a biopsy Monday, so all this has been rushed. I didn't even realize why she seemed so panicked about the lump.

It is painless, no swelling around it, just a giant ball in the upper part of my armpit.

Does this sound like lymphoma is possible? Probable? I am having my biopsy, but I want to be prepared for the possibility...

Also, how long does it take to get biopsy results back?