Leukemia & Lymphoma Community
Enlarged Lymph Node - Back of Head/Neck

This patient support community is for discussions relating to all leukemia and lymphoma issues, Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML), ALL, AML, CLL, SLL, anemia, biopsy, bone pain, chemotherapy, Hodgkins Lymphoma, monoclonal antibody therapy, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, stem cell transplant , swelling, vaccine therapy, weakness, and weight loss.

Enlarged Lymph Node - Back of Head/Neck

I have noticed that I have had enlarged lymph nodes for a week or so now.. It had been both sides at one point. Now, however, the larger node has remained and the left sided one is no longer swollen. They were not painful.
The larger one has now swelled to about double it's swollen size before. It was painful and tender when I woke up this morning when I lifted my head and the skin pulled. If I tilt my head to the right and lift my shoulder I can locate and feel the pain. As for right now, It is not painful unless I press on it.

I have had some very bad night sweats recently, for about 4/5 days in a row. I would wake up and my pajamas be soaked (and I would be freezing). This was the first night that I did not have a night sweat, but I woke up with a lymph node double in size and seemingly hurting from swelling. At the onset of night sweats, I had felt very fatigued and nauseous. I would also shake. I assumed I had the flu.

This past year has been hard for me as I was treated for major depression and anxiety. I have been taken anti depressants and anxiety medication for a year now. I was experiencing major brain fog and had poor concentration, which made me very, very, depressed and seek medical help for it. Prior to the brain fog, I do not feel like I was depressed. I have always been proud of my success in school, so when I did a 180 it was devastating. After a year of antidepressants I do not feel like my brain fog has been removed. I feel like they may have brought some amount of clarity, but by no means brought me back up to my full potential. I have lost weight most likely due to my recent lack of appetite. I have no desire to eat and seem to forget to do so at times. Which, probably contributes to my poorly functioning memory/concentration. I try my best to eat, but without feeling hunger it somehow has moved down on my priority list. I have also been experiencing hair loss, which I assumed was due to depression/anxiety/stress and iron deficiency anemia.
When I was very younger I had cyclical neutropenia, but since that was so long ago I imagine that has little to no relevance now as an adult (20 years old).

I apologize for the long winded medical history.

Does this sound like it could be lymphoma? Or am I looking at a cyst?
I

Welcome vanishingacts,
Because all your symptoms are relatively new and happening all at once, it seems reasonable to me that you are probably fighting some sort of infection.  Your swollen, somewhat painful lymph nodes are probably filled with white blood cells that have built up like an army and are in the process of fighting a nasty bug.  Swollen lymph nodes associated with lymphoma are usually not painful.  The fatigue, nauseousness and even the night sweats tell me you might have the flu.  Could you be running a fever at night causing you to sweat and wake up with the chills?

I'm sorry you have has such an issue with brain fog.  It sounds to me that this is more an actual symptom of a physical ailment, not a mental ailment.  I'm curious as to the reasoning of why your doctor thought antidepressants would lift the fog?  This is not my area of expertise, but maybe you should visit your doctor anyway and let them know that the antidepressants aren't really working.  I was also wondering how much weight you have lost in the last 6 months.  Typically, with lymphoma, anything over 10% over a 6 month period can be of some concern.

If your symptoms persist for a long period of time, over several weeks to a month or so, it would probably be a good idea to schedule a visit with your doctor.  Please keep us posted on how you are doing.  
In addition to what Mocha said, I'd guess that the previous cyclical neutropenia does have very much to do with what is happening now - whether some infection or else some autoimmunity or other immune problem.