Enlarged lymph node....lymphoma?
Can someone have cancer for a year with little or no outward symptoms?
I'm 18 and I noticed a swollen lymph node a year or so ago. I didn't think too much of it and then I found another one, smaller than the first.

They are both on oppisite sides of the back of my neck. The doctor said they were small and rubbery. They haven't really gotten bigger and they don't hurt. The doctor said it was from infection, but I wouldn't have had an infection for a year and felt fine the whole time...

Should I be worried?

Also, I'm sure I don't have cancer, but should I be more aggressive in finding out why my lymph nodes are swollen. I've been to one doctor who said infection, but that doctor was rushing and I felt like I couldn't talk to him.

Thank you.
If your neck nodes have stayed the same size for a year now it is most likely not cancer.  Nodes swell from birth with colds, flu etc. After a node swells it most likely will not return to its normal size and or texture.  If your nodes in the neck are 1 cm (1/2'') in size or less, Soft or rubbery, Mobile (Move under the skin) and have not grew they are most likely normal.

Start to worry if the start to grow or become painful
Thank you, your comment rocked because it was very helpful.
The doctor said mine were rubbery. They don't move.
What does it mean if they fluncuate in size?
One last thing, what other thing is 1cm? So I can compare....I don't know how big 1cm is.
They should be mobile, But not being mobile does not always mean cancer. If they get smaller that is a good thing. many people touch them and play with them and that makes them enlarge again. Cancer nodes grow and continue to grow.

1 cm is about the size of an M&M

check your node every 3 weeks for growth if it seems to stay the same size and is under 1 cm in the neck i wouldn't worry to much about it.

Hope this helps
Yes, you've been very helpful. I'm not really worried about it anymore. Thank you. I'll make sure not to fiddle with it for three weeks and if they're still there, then I may go to the doctor just to see what is causing them.
Best Wishes