Glandular Fever
My daughter has tested positive to Glandular Fever. She has had the symptoms of swollen and infected tonsils, swollen glands in her neck, nausea, fatigue and generally unwell. These symptoms have been there for4 weeks. Her glands in her neck are still swollen and her tonsils are still coated in white layer. My question is how long do the glands stay swollen for and the tonsils covered in a white layer. She has been resting for the whole time she has been feeling unwell as she hasnt the energy to do anything else.
Hi Ma’am,

How is your daughter? It’s been almost 2 weeks and I hope she is better. Being caused by a virus, the treatment is supportive. Drink plenty of fluids, rest, symptomatic treatment of fever and pain and not rush back to full activity too soon are usually advised.  Glandular fever takes about four to seven weeks to come out after contact with someone who has it.  The swollen glands and tonsils will eventually go back to normal in  1-3 weeks and fatigue often lasts from 1-2 months depending on the immunity of your daughter.Your daughter may be infectious for weeks to months afterwards.

I hope this helps. Take care and please do update us.