Leukemia & Lymphoma Community
Help me understand most recent CBC/DIFF/PLT
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to all leukemia and lymphoma issues, Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML), ALL, AML, CLL, SLL, anemia, biopsy, bone pain, chemotherapy, Hodgkins Lymphoma, monoclonal antibody therapy, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, stem cell transplant , swelling, vaccine therapy, weakness, and weight loss.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Help me understand most recent CBC/DIFF/PLT

I was diagnosed with CLL about five years ago and have had no treatment yet.  My most recent blood work showed the following "high" levels:
WBC - 74.7
RBC - 6.13
HGB - 16.6
HCT - 52.1
RDW - 20.4
Lymph% - 86.1
Gran # - 9.0
Lymph # - 64.3
Baso # - .5

The one "low" count was Gran % at 12.0

I have no idea what any of this means.  My hematologist tells me that we're still in a "wait and watch" stage, as I get more and more fatigued and am constantly sweating.  Do any of you have any info you can share, or what your levels were when you started treatment?  Thanks very much - oh, and I'm a 63 year old woman.
Tags: CLL
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi.

Though discrete guidelines exist, different doctors have different tolerance levels regarding when to treat for CLL.  In your situation, the feeling of progressive fatigue and the extremely high white blood counts may already be an indication to treat your CLL.  High white counts may cause a syndrome where in the blood becomes too viscous that the blood is not able to circulate effectively causing all symptoms (fatigue, stroke, etc.).

I suggest you get a second opinion from another hematologist/oncologist since some would recommend starting treatment for your condition.

Regards.
Blank
Thank you so very much for your comments and advice!  I can see from reading other folks' questions that you're an invaluable resource on this site, and I for one am most grateful.  
Blank
Read more on http://www.semascience.com/index_pub1.html#anchor2
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Leukemia & Lymphoma Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979