High Leukocyte count
Recently I went to the doctor because of what looked like a honeycomb look rash on my legs.  He did a complete blood workup and when I went to my follow up appointment yesterday he told me that everything came out normal except the fact that my leukocyte count was 60% and normal is around 45%. He also asked me if I had fatigue, runny nose, sore throat etc. I told him that it seems like I just got over a cold over the weekend. And as for the fatigue at times it seems that even with 5-7 hours of sleep I can still take a couple hour naps in the afternoon.  Well he told me that he thinks it might be Mono, but when I looked up high leukocyte count it shows leukemia as a possiblity.  My question is if everything else was normal, and only my leukocyte count was high, what are the possibility that this is Leukemia? I am totally freaked out right now. The last time I had a  high leukocyte count I had my appendix removed. When they went in to remove it there was nothing wrong with it. They figured it was a infection and gave me antibiotics after the surgery.  This has really got me worried. I also smoke too and I am 29 years old.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thank you
Your overall WBC would be very elevated not just the leukocytes (I have CML). There are a lot of other reasons though.. I think mainly inflammatory (like mono). Hopefully they will recheck your count and see if it goes back down.