Leukemia & Lymphoma Community
High Lymphcyte Count in 1 year old

This patient support community is for discussions relating to all leukemia and lymphoma issues, Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML), ALL, AML, CLL, SLL, anemia, biopsy, bone pain, chemotherapy, Hodgkins Lymphoma, monoclonal antibody therapy, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, stem cell transplant , swelling, vaccine therapy, weakness, and weight loss.

High Lymphcyte Count in 1 year old

i rec'd blood test results from my daughter's 1 year check up and she had a high lymphocyte count (76%).  On the printout it said normal range was btwn 20-70 however everything I have read on line shows a normal percentage is 20-40%.  There was no explanation from my doctor about this high count and I am still waiting for a call back.  Her WBC is normal (10.9k/ul) but her platelet count is high (only slightly 419k/ul and normal is listed as 140-400).  I just don't know what to think about the high lymphocyte count.  Since there was no explanation I was left to do my own research and it all leads me in the direction of leukemia.  Any help/advice would be appreciated.
My sons bloodwork also confused me. His lymphs is 53. The range on the paper said 20-55.  on line it said for child 55-70. I don't understand why a hospital can't print out the range for a child so we as parents know what it all means. I have been going through alot wit his doctor. Keep on them. Keep calling untl you get an answer.The 76% still goes over what the paper said.Where did you read 20-40%.My son has swollen lymph node in his neck and is having biopsy done this friday. What was your childs sedrate level?I don't know if I am helping or rambling, sorry. The main thing is to keep on the doctors so you feel better. Good luck. Lisa
The range of 20-40% is for adults. Sometimes a high lymph count may be consecuence of an infection such as rubella or chickenpox, but it can also may be indicative of a more serious problem, you may discuss with your doctor in more detail.