Leukemia & Lymphoma Community
High WBC -> high Neutrophil count
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to all leukemia and lymphoma issues, Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML), ALL, AML, CLL, SLL, anemia, biopsy, bone pain, chemotherapy, Hodgkins Lymphoma, monoclonal antibody therapy, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, stem cell transplant , swelling, vaccine therapy, weakness, and weight loss.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

High WBC -> high Neutrophil count

Hi everyone,

I am hoping someone can help me here.  I did a blood test about 3 months ago as part of my routine checkup, and my WBC came back at 13.1 I believe - everything else was normal.  I did another blood test a few days ago, and my WBC is 12.1, again, all my other stats are within normal range except HDL which was 33, with the minimum being 40.

Anyways, this time we also did a differential on my CBC - all results came back in range except for my ANC - this number came in at 8,480 - the to end of normal range being 7,800 from our lab.

I feel fine though, no sweats, no appetite loss and I do not have any infections or anything currently (I think at least, no fever, no vomiting), or even back when I did the blood test first time, I felt fine then.

So now I am really scared, and do not know what is causing this high neutrophil count.  I came across CML - and the article mentioned several things:

1) Alot of people do not feel any symptoms at the start
2) They became diagonosed off of a routine blood test

So I am starting to think that this is it.  My doctor is on vacation and will be back next week.  But what do yo guys think?  I can't seem to come up with any opther explanation (except my smoking perhaps).  

-scared bloody stupid