Leukemia & Lymphoma Community
High WBC in a 15 year old

This patient support community is for discussions relating to all leukemia and lymphoma issues, Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML), ALL, AML, CLL, SLL, anemia, biopsy, bone pain, chemotherapy, Hodgkins Lymphoma, monoclonal antibody therapy, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, stem cell transplant , swelling, vaccine therapy, weakness, and weight loss.

High WBC in a 15 year old

Hello!
I just got a note from a lab test that may WBC is: 12.7
I am afraid so much...that i have leukemia.......please help.
Eritrocites were normal, ecxept MCHC was a little above....I had a virosis a few days after the test.
I AM SO SCARED
Im 15, healthy, dont smoke
I have severe anxiety.....and had a fever a few days after the test
Hello and welcome to the forum.  I know you are scared but hopefully I can help put your mind at ease.  There are many reasons besides leukemia that can cause your WBC's to be above normal.  Most of the time it is due to an infection (like the virus you said you had).  My guess is your lymph nodes built up their supply of WBC's to help combat the virus you were about to get.  What was the reason for you going to the doctor in the first place?  
Hello!
Thank you for a reply.
I ve been to a specialist of pediatrics(one of the best in my area) and looked at the results and said >>this is a result of a fever,bacterial infection<< and said that if i had Leukemia, it would show up on the other results as well. My lymph nodes look excellent, i still have a bit of a fever(runny nose). Oh and I had a strep froat. So thank you.
You're very welcome.  Glad to hear your doctor had the same opinion.