Leukemia & Lymphoma Community
High WBC

This patient support community is for discussions relating to all leukemia and lymphoma issues, Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML), ALL, AML, CLL, SLL, anemia, biopsy, bone pain, chemotherapy, Hodgkins Lymphoma, monoclonal antibody therapy, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, stem cell transplant , swelling, vaccine therapy, weakness, and weight loss.

High WBC

6 weeks ago I had a cough and chills. I checked my temperature and it was 101. I stayed off from work that day and could barely move. I had plenty of liquids. The next day my temp was 99 and I went back to work. I had some chest cold symptoms. The following Monday (about 3 days later) I woke up with a productive cough. On that Tuesday, I went to the doctor and was diagnosed with Bronchitis and a sinus infection. WBC was 15000. I received a Rocephin and Decadron injection and was placed on Biaxin for 10days. I still have a low grade temp (not less than 99.4) and also have joint pain and night sweats. I went to my gynecologist for my yearly checkup and told him all this and he drew another CBC. He mentioned a systemic infection as well as possible lymphoma or leukemia. About 2 months ago, I came to the ER with abdominal pain and fullness, nausea and vomiting. On my CT scan it mentioned some enlarged lymph nodes in the abdominal cavity. Could this be something to worry about? Why would my temperature still be elevated for so long after antibiotic treatment?
Hi:  What did your second CBC show.  Did your WBC go up more, or did it stabilize after being treated with antibiotics.  When I was diagnosed with Leukemia, they thought it was due to sinuses at first.  What I am saying is that a bad sinus infection can raise the WBC.
     What was the advice of the gynecologist?  If they suggested a possible blood disease, then they should have referred you to a Oncologist for a work-up to get to the bottom of the problem.  Then your trip to the ER also was a indication that something is going on in your body, not necessarily anything that serious.
     I would push to be examined and checked thoroughly to rule out anything that could be a problem, and go from there.  Please post as to how your doing.  I will get back to you.
I haven't received my results yet. I called my MD's office yesterday and the results weren't back yet. I should find out today.
I hope you get your results back today or very soon, so you know what exactly is going on.  I will keep checking the messages.
Well I called my doctor's office yesterday, and still no results in...should be today. It's been a week today since they were drawn. I still have the low grade fever. Yesterday it reached 100. Still sore all over especially in the joints and neck. Night sweats aren't as bad. Last night I just felt hot but no sweating done. No appetite. Nothing seems appetizing at all.