Leukemia & Lymphoma Community
How to tell if a lymph node is swollen
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to all leukemia and lymphoma issues, Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML), ALL, AML, CLL, SLL, anemia, biopsy, bone pain, chemotherapy, Hodgkins Lymphoma, monoclonal antibody therapy, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, stem cell transplant , swelling, vaccine therapy, weakness, and weight loss.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

How to tell if a lymph node is swollen

Merry Christmas!  I am worried about my husband.  His right armpit is "puffy", it is soft. Not real noticable to the eye but he can feel it.  It is NOT a hard pea shaped knot,  but almost his whole armpit is puffy.  His CBC and liver fuction tests were all normal.  He has had this swelling about 3 months.  He has an appt with the doc this week.  Can someone let me know if this sounds like a swollen lymph node?
Related Discussions
Hi.
A swollen lymph node usually is palpable as a nodule or lump, tender to touch, with noticeable redness over the area of the lymph node.  But there are lymph nodes that are not swollen nor tender but are only palpable and enlarged.  Sometimes, when the lymph nodes are matted, and the location is deep within the tissue, it can present as a bulge on the skin and would appear as puffy.
However, puffiness in the armpit could also be due to increased subcutaneous fat.
I agree with your decision to have him seen by your doctor.
Have a merry Christmas.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Leukemia & Lymphoma Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank