Inguinal Lymph Nodes
Hi, I have seen many posts with similar questions but I am very stressed out over my inability to get an appointment with a physician in my city for the next couple of weeks, so decided to ask. I am 23 years old, without any previous health conditions in my history. I noticed a swollen inguinal lymph node on the left side three days ago. At the time, it was not tender at all and probably < 1cm. Since then, I have been palpating it a lot and now it is a bit tender (only when touching it) and seems to be a little bigger. This is the only enlarged lymph node in the body and I feel like I could possibly have a cold right now,although the symptoms are fairly mild and no fever. The node is fairly hard and not squishy at all. What could this be? Should I go to the ER?
Thank you
I don't think a cold would cause an enlarged inguinal lymph node.  If I were you, I would go to the ER, as the lymph node is getting bigger while you wait for a doctor's appointment.