Leukemia & Lymphoma Community
Inguinal Lymph Nodes

This patient support community is for discussions relating to all leukemia and lymphoma issues, Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML), ALL, AML, CLL, SLL, anemia, biopsy, bone pain, chemotherapy, Hodgkins Lymphoma, monoclonal antibody therapy, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, stem cell transplant , swelling, vaccine therapy, weakness, and weight loss.

Inguinal Lymph Nodes

Hi, I have seen many posts with similar questions but I am very stressed out over my inability to get an appointment with a physician in my city for the next couple of weeks, so decided to ask. I am 23 years old, without any previous health conditions in my history. I noticed a swollen inguinal lymph node on the left side three days ago. At the time, it was not tender at all and probably < 1cm. Since then, I have been palpating it a lot and now it is a bit tender (only when touching it) and seems to be a little bigger. This is the only enlarged lymph node in the body and I feel like I could possibly have a cold right now,although the symptoms are fairly mild and no fever. The node is fairly hard and not squishy at all. What could this be? Should I go to the ER?
Thank you
I don't think a cold would cause an enlarged inguinal lymph node.  If I were you, I would go to the ER, as the lymph node is getting bigger while you wait for a doctor's appointment.