Is Mesenteritis related to Lymphoma?
Is there any connection between a diagnosis of mesenteritis & lymphoma? I am a 51 year old female with sjogrens syndrome(diagnosed 6 years ago) who presented with abd pain, backache,nausea, diarrhea,loss of appetite,wt.loss. Seen in ER & CT scan determined the mesenteritis. I was admitted & spent the next 3 days with tests  and IVantibiotics.All other tests were WNL. I was discharged with a wait & see. I continue to have symptoms although pain less in abd. although it remains tender. GI dr. though I should have biopsy of mesentery. Surgeon today thought we would wait & see. Scheduled for repeat CT scan in 2 weeks. I have had swollen neck & groin in past. Any suggestions,or ideas would be appreciated.
Hi there.

Lymphoma can present in many different ways, but pure mesenteritis without any enlarged lymph nodes in that area is rather an unlikely association.

Mesenteries become inflammed in the presence of local infection in any nearby bowels (most commonly from an inflammed appendix).  Mesenteritis is also more common in patients with autoimmune diseases which may be related to your sjorgren's syndrome. If your abdomen is not deemed surgical, treatment is indeed supportive and would just require close monitoring.

Regards and God bless.