Is it too soon to diagnos as lymphoma
Is it too soon for doctor to confirm as lymphoma
by DSPoole, Oct 17, 2009 05:47AM
Back in July I noticed a small lump on the left side of my neckjust below the jaw and ear. It is painless and quite hard and seems fixed. I went in to see my family doctor, he did not seem overly concerned and sent me for blood tests. About a week later I had not heard anything so I called to find out the results. His office informed me that the blood work had come back fine and that they would send me for an ultrasound. After wainting approx 3 months I had an ultrasound done. It was recommended that I have a CT scan done to have a better idea of the complexity of what was going on. A week later (Oct 15) I went for a CT scan. Yesterday my doctor called to say he would like me to come in to discuss the findings of CT scan. He informed me that he is almost certain that the mass on the side of my neck is a lymphoma and that the Ct Scan shows something about 2cm at the back of my tongue. He has now sending me to an ENT doctor on Monday. Is it too soon to be panicking without yet having had biopsy and if it is what doctor fears what is the prognosis.   Thanks Doug

If it is lymphoma, it can be treated and sometimes cured depending on what type of lymphoma.  There are many new treatments for lymphoma now so not to worry until you know for sure.  

Lorrie62