Leukemia ?
Is leukemia a possibility if I've been having chronic wrist pain since mid-January 2008. I went to the dr., he did an xray and said nothing appeared. I had a CBC w/differential done Dec 31 2007 and everything turned up normal.
I know bone/joint pain is a symptom of leukemia, would this be more systematic or could it be a localized area?
I also came down with a cold a few days ago, constant coughing, mucous but no fever, please any insights?
Hi.
A bone or joint pain is not a common manifestation of leukemia.  If it is an initial presentation, the pain would be more of a diffused type, and not localized to the wrist.  Patients would sometimes interchange body pains and fatigue (which is a more common manifestation of leukemia).    The cause of your wrist pain can be musculoskeletal pain syndrome or rheumatism.
Cough and colds can be caused by an infection (viral, bacterial), or an allergy.
It would be best to seek consult with your doctor for further evaluation.
Good luck.  
Thank you for your insight. I know it's not rheumatism because they did an ANA and a RF blood test and both were negative. I'm guessing my cold is viral or allergy because anti-biotics are not helping. Once again, thank you.
Hi.
For now, you may take any over the counter pain reliever to control the wrist pain.  Also, you can take any cough and cold preparation.  Please go back to your doctor for further evaluation especially if your symptoms persist.
Good luck.