Leukemia Drugs & Accutane interaction
My 17 year old son was diag. with ALL Leukemia on his 16th Birthday (18 months ago).
He is a St. Jude's patient, in remission and doing well. His protocol will continue
through Sept. '09.  He currently has bad acne (adolescent acne, not associated with his dia. or a treatment side effect) . We have seen a dermotologist (under guidance of his Oncologist) and been prescribed Accutane.  My question is concerning his taking the Accutane along with his chemo meds.  He is on a daily dosage of Mercurprine (6-MP), 3 times weekly Ceptra, once monthly Vincristine and Methotrexate 5 days a month.  Would there be any drug interaction between all these Leukemia drugs and the Accutane?
The pharmacy where you recieved the meds should be able to tell you.
Hi, I also am  mom to a st jude patient.  He is now 15.  He had AML in 1994 and is doing extremely well.  He is going through the acme stuff also.  I would for sure ask his drs at St Judes about this.  They should have some information for you about this.  I am so proud that everytthing is going well for him.  My son had a yr of treatment and  a BMT , we met many other kids who had all so as he does and I remember the long treatment protocal for those kids.  We go back every summe for his checkup and will for another 3 yrs.  If you ever need to just chat please email.  ***@****.  I would love to help with any concerns.  Prayers to you all.. darlene
hello and god bless.  have you tried proactive for his acne?  i have been using it for about 9years.  it's the only thing that has ever worked.  i am 44.