Leukemia & Lymphoma Community
Leukemia

This patient support community is for discussions relating to all leukemia and lymphoma issues, Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML), ALL, AML, CLL, SLL, anemia, biopsy, bone pain, chemotherapy, Hodgkins Lymphoma, monoclonal antibody therapy, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, stem cell transplant , swelling, vaccine therapy, weakness, and weight loss.

Leukemia

So, my father called me and told me that his dr said that he had a "little" leukemia but he's fine. Is this possible? He told me that people can have a little leukema their whole life and be fine. I have never heard this before and I thinking that he just wants to protect me from the truth.
Hi:  I never heard of a little bit of Leukemia. Did your father say what type he has, that would help me answer some of your questions.
This is new to me.  I do have Leukemia, and I have what they call CML which is short for Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia.  There are different types.
I would like to help you to understand, but it seems like your father is trying to spare you all the details.  Leukemia's are very treatable, and not like years ago.
I was diagnosed in 1998, so maybe that will help you a little bit.
Hi; new to this website.  I was diagnosed with CLL (chronic lymphocytic leukemia) 5 years ago. I am guessing your dad has this type of leuk and is stage 0.  It is most prevelant in older folks (I'm 57).  I have seen progression in some people much quicker than others.  It depends on a host of factors.  I am a First Connections trained volunteer for the Leukemia/Lymphoma Society of upstate NY and Vermont. I am the CAM contact (complimentary and alternative medicine).  Feel free to contact me.