Leukemia & Lymphoma Community
Leukemia?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to all leukemia and lymphoma issues, Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML), ALL, AML, CLL, SLL, anemia, biopsy, bone pain, chemotherapy, Hodgkins Lymphoma, monoclonal antibody therapy, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, stem cell transplant , swelling, vaccine therapy, weakness, and weight loss.

Leukemia?

I am a 34 year old female, I've had swollen lymph nodes under arms and armpits for a while, nausea, fatigue, weak, night sweats and fevers, paracarditis, dyspnea, palpatations, and general body aches and pains. The cbc indicated that I have low rbc, mpv, and high plt. The Dr. said it's eiter a virus or leukemia. Is this true? What could this mean?
well the symptoms you describe are typically related to leukemia or lymphoma but you should have a biopsy to be sure
I still have the same symptoms, however now I have internal tremors, lip vibrations, that are visible at times, and small round purple bruises with a pinkish center, that appear on my forearms for no apparent reason. I also now have pain in my chest, back, and left shoulder. My feet hurt terribly bad in the morning, and my right hand is swollen, and my fingers won't bend properly. I have not gotten anywhere with the Dr., he chose not to do a biopsy of lymph nodes or bone marrow biopsy. I am getting worse and I am very scared now. I am not sure what to do. What do these symptoms mean?
Hi, unfortunately that might be difficult to diagnose. But if your doctor has decided to do nothing and hope it goes away, that seems like a very wrong approach.

Has your CBC changed much in all the past months?

Btw, just out of curiosity: would taking a benadryl before bed make you feel any better in the morning?
I have given up. I have not been to the dr. in a couple of months, as I was going every 2 weeks, and nothing seemed to be getting resolved. I have had swollen lymph nodes on my armpits I do take benadryl occasionally at night, however it's made no difference in the morning. I woke up this morning with a rash on my left arm and the back of my feet were hurting.
Don't give up. Because you mentioned myocarditis, I'm thinking that your problem is more likely to be from an infection than from cancer.

One important question: have the swollen nodes gotten bigger and bigger? How big are they now, the biggest ones?