Leukemia & Lymphoma Community
Lipoma + swelling?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to all leukemia and lymphoma issues, Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML), ALL, AML, CLL, SLL, anemia, biopsy, bone pain, chemotherapy, Hodgkins Lymphoma, monoclonal antibody therapy, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, stem cell transplant , swelling, vaccine therapy, weakness, and weight loss.

Lipoma + swelling?

I recently went to the ER because my left armpit was swollen. Dr diagnosed it as a Lipoma and sent me home. Hours later, I developed a small bump on my neck and since then my armpit, neck, collar bone, and wrist have remained swollen (all on the left side). I wouldn't consider any of it painful, however my shoulder and wrist get very stiff and a bit uncomfortable. After googling it, my non-physician self, concluded maybe it's an infection in my lymph nodes. The Dr didn't examine any lymph nodes, solely focused on my armpit.
It's hard for me to say what it could be, but I do think it would be a good idea to go see your regular doctor.  It seems strange to me that the ER doctor diagnosed the lump as a Lipoma without doing any sort of testing or biopsy.  Possibly you do have some sort of infection, and if that's the case, you may need antibiotics.  

Good luck and I hope you keep us posted.  
You are probably correct about infection. A lipoma wouldn't multiply like that. But the ER doc didn't know about the spreading. Even so, an ER is not a good place for diagnosis of unusual problems.

Do you have any fever (bacterial infection)?