Low WBC, hundreds of red spots on skin
Hi. I have recently been getting a lot of cherry angiomas on my skin. My doctor said it is nothing to worry about, but they have develoed over the last month or so hundreds of them. Most of them are on my stomach and chest area but I have noticed now some very, very tiny ones on my upper arms and upper legs that are hard to see unless you really look close. I am worried because he did a CBC on me 3 days ago and my WBC is low at 2.8. When i compare this count to January of 2007, it was 5.5 then and in July of 2006 it was 5.0. Also my platelets worry me. they are in the normal range at 209 three days ago, but what concerns me is that in January of 2007 they were 231 and in July of 2006 they were 291. They are in the normal range but they are decreasing over the last 2 years or so. Is this anything to worry about. I am 31 year old female. I also have sweating and night sweats going on and also dizziness, headaches, body aches. My doctor thinks that some of these symptoms are anxiety related which I agree with but the white count concerns me since I have so many cherry angiomas appearing in such a short period of time. He thinks the white count is low because of a viral infection and I did have a cold about 3 weeks ago. The other thing I read is that platelet counts can become low from a lot of ibprofen use and also use of some antibiotics. I have been using a lot of ibprofen and aleve the last 4 or 5 months for headaches and body aches and I was on 27 days of Biaxin and then a ZPAK. Any help would be very appreciated. thank you.
I can't give you any sound advice, but it sounds like petechiae to me regarding your red dots. That could be viral-related as I was told by a doctor that viruses can muck with your platelets and cause some surface capillaries to break. Obviously, a physician should be consulted with or another one for a second opinion. Maybe a dermatologist.