Low WBC and ABS Neuts Count
Low WBC and ABS Neuts Count

I don't know if I'm in the right forum, but I had a blood test a few days back to check my dilatin levels.  The results showed a WBC of 3.2 and ABS Neuts 1.7.  I called the doctors office to find out what this means but as doctors go she will have to call me back.  Any insight on this?  My dilantin level was low as well.

Jane
Your blood test report shows a slightly low WBC (White Blood Cell) count of 3.2 (Normal for most laboratories is 4.0 to 11.0)
Also, the ANC (Absolute Neutrophil Count) is in the lower range at 1.7.
Low counts can transiently be seen in absolutely normal people; in others, it may represent diseased states.
Do you have any symptoms like weakness, fever, bleeding? If not, then your doctor may simply choose to repeat the test after a couple of weeks.
I have no symptoms that I am aware of. Weakness perhaps.  After some 'research' on the net I think it could be from Dilantin or taking too many ibuprofen.  I was taking 8 a day for back pain.  Doctor hasn't called yet and I've put in another call.  They have been extremely busy and receptionist is sure the doctor got the message.  I am going to request another bood test like you said to see if was the ibuprofen.  Dilantin I rake for seizures and may be time I wean off of it and rely on Lamictal.  Thanks for your reply.
Jane
I had a blood test and my leukocyte count is 3.6 and my neutriphils ablsolute is 1.7
leukemia runs in my familyand my parents have hepitis c  and I my periods are always off i spot once in a blue moon and I am very weak and seam to always want to sleep. I went into the er with severe stomach pain and the dr seems to not beable to tell me what this is.any suggestions???
thanks
I saw this post...I just recently had bloodwork done and my neuts ab score was 2.4.  I had a positive ANA test and I have the symptoms described above...weakness, diziness,abnormal uterine bleeding that lasted a week, chest pain, I had a few days where I had tingling in my feet, but that particular symptom has passed.  I saw that you were asking specifically about some of those symptoms and wondered what your insight  might be on my test scores and symptoms.  My obgyn has me going for a uterine ultrasound and I have an appt. with a rheumatologist in a few months.  Any insight would be welcomed!  I am fervently searching for answers!!  Thank you!

Nikki