Leukemia & Lymphoma Community
Lump on my neck?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to all leukemia and lymphoma issues, Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML), ALL, AML, CLL, SLL, anemia, biopsy, bone pain, chemotherapy, Hodgkins Lymphoma, monoclonal antibody therapy, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, stem cell transplant , swelling, vaccine therapy, weakness, and weight loss.

Lump on my neck?

Hello I am a 29 year old female, in good health as far as I know.  I noticed last I have a lump on the right side of my neck.  I discovered it in the middle of the night, though it was not bothering me thoughout the day that I noticed.  It is as I said on the right side (my right) about an inch above half way down.  It is around 3/4-1" in size and I can move it around independently.  My husbands insurance doesn't start for a few weeks is this something I should be concerned about?  
Tags: Neck lump
I didn't catch when you first noticed it, but it sounds very recent?  Anyways, if so, it's most likely due to some sort of infection brewing in your body.  If you have it for more than a couple of weeks, it might be good to have it looked at.  
Also could be thyroid nodule. Those are common and usually nothing.