Leukemia & Lymphoma Community
Lymph Nodes inside elbows??
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to all leukemia and lymphoma issues, Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML), ALL, AML, CLL, SLL, anemia, biopsy, bone pain, chemotherapy, Hodgkins Lymphoma, monoclonal antibody therapy, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, stem cell transplant , swelling, vaccine therapy, weakness, and weight loss.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Lymph Nodes inside elbows??

Hi all, I have swelling on the inside bottom part of my elbows...they are about 1 inch long and on both arms.  My Dr says they are cysts?  could these be swollen nodes?  
they are sore at times, I cannot move them. feel like a Lima bean..any ideas??
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
If you position your arm as though you are looking at a wristwatch, the top and bottom areas of the elbow joint are the lymph node areas. Lymph nodes are more solid when examined than cysts. If you still have doubts you could have an ultrasound to see if indeed there is only fluid (cyst) inside the lumps.
Blank
293157_tn?1285877039
thanks for the info, I have them on both my arms at the bottom of the elbow joint. they are stuck in one spot, but not hard. they don't move alot and get sore if I try to move them.  I just wonder why you get cysts there, in both arms??  thanks for any help.
Blank
The chances of getting a cyst in a particular area of the body depends on what structure the cyst originated from. There are cysts that start from normal sweat and oil glands, which over time become abnormally occluded and a capsule is formed which houses sweat and oil. Along tendons (the edges of muscles that anchor unto bone), there is a tendency to form ganglion cysts. How they form is unknown, there is a theory that trauma causes fluid to seep out along the joint which becomes encapsulated. Ganglion cysts are common in the back of the hand, fingers and knees - elbow joints I'm not sure how frequently they present.
Blank
293157_tn?1285877039
thanks again for the info..so it's possible to get two of them at the same time..for whatever reason I have them..I will talk with my Dr about these..thanks
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Leukemia & Lymphoma Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank