Leukemia & Lymphoma Community
Lymph node sizes
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to all leukemia and lymphoma issues, Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML), ALL, AML, CLL, SLL, anemia, biopsy, bone pain, chemotherapy, Hodgkins Lymphoma, monoclonal antibody therapy, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, stem cell transplant , swelling, vaccine therapy, weakness, and weight loss.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Lymph node sizes

In someone with a lymphoma issue, would the lymph nodes generally keep growing bigger? I've always been told that lymphoma would result in a node that keeps getting bigger, like golf ball size, and not reduce back down again. I have some nodes that flare up once in awhile but they will settle back down after awhile. I think the biggest one has got is marble size, maybe like 1 cm or so. I also have one that seems to be hard to the touch sometimes but then other times it seems soft. I know that one has been felt by a few doctors without any reaction to it. This particular node is below my jawbone, so probably one of those submandibular nodes. I have also had big submandibular glands for years without any physician concern.

And, I have heard that touching your nodes a lot can cause the node to stay large.