Leukemia & Lymphoma Community
Lymphoma or Mononucleosis?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to all leukemia and lymphoma issues, Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML), ALL, AML, CLL, SLL, anemia, biopsy, bone pain, chemotherapy, Hodgkins Lymphoma, monoclonal antibody therapy, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, stem cell transplant , swelling, vaccine therapy, weakness, and weight loss.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Lymphoma or Mononucleosis?

Hi,
I have a situation with my brother, He is 32, He is in hospital now but nobody knows exactly what is wrong with him!
He told me that he had Herpes simplex on his upper lip and when he went to the doctor, he recommended some kind of corticosteroid ointment and when he didn't respond to them they prescribed Dexamethasone injection (8 of them in 4 days). After 3-4 days his throat begins to swells and it got bigger and bigger since and he started to experience fever and chill afterward.
We decided to take him to a hospital at first they gave him some antibiotics but nothing has change, every doctor comes up with a new diagnosis,one day they say it might be Mononucleosis, then they say it might be Lymphoma or leukemia.
yesterday they did a biopsy on his neck and they result won't go out until Saturday :( I really don't know what to do? this waiting is killing me ....
He still has his fever and chills, he lost weight but he feels better now. he is just so tired and confused!
Would you please help me with that, what is it really?
many thanks in advance .