Leukemia & Lymphoma Community
Lymphoma

This patient support community is for discussions relating to all leukemia and lymphoma issues, Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML), ALL, AML, CLL, SLL, anemia, biopsy, bone pain, chemotherapy, Hodgkins Lymphoma, monoclonal antibody therapy, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, stem cell transplant , swelling, vaccine therapy, weakness, and weight loss.

Lymphoma

I went for a heart ct scan on the results the Dr. That read my scan said "  scattered mediastinal nodes are noted, the largest precarinal node measuring 1.3 cm and to follow up with primary physician .  But then the Heart Hospital calls me to make sure that I see this and tell my doctor.    I also have Barrett's Esophagus  and for the last  four to six months my voice is very hoarse.   What does all this mean?   Should I be nervous about all this. What are the main questions I should ask?
Hi, I would take a guess and say that they're suggesting you be evaluated for any possible lung problems. Still, the node is not all that large and might turn out to be just some passing condition. Do you have coughing or shortness or breath?
My voice is very hoarse and sometimes it is so bad I can hardly talk, but I do not cough, but I do have some anxiety over the feeling that I can't breath.  But I thought it had something to do with my throat.
I can only guess and don't want to alarm you necessarily. It seems there is some slight association with Barrett's and esophageal adenocarcinoma - I'd presume from the irritation of the acid followed by inflammation. The risk is only 0.5% per patient-year.

Seeing a doc can maybe give you some peace of mind. Maybe a little snip for a biopsy is on order. In the meantime you might ask here:
http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Cancer/show/59

But I'd guess the node is still small so I wouldn't get too worried just yet. Also, can you check above your left collarbone to see if there's anything suspicious there?