Leukemia & Lymphoma Community
Lymphoma Itch
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to all leukemia and lymphoma issues, Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML), ALL, AML, CLL, SLL, anemia, biopsy, bone pain, chemotherapy, Hodgkins Lymphoma, monoclonal antibody therapy, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, stem cell transplant , swelling, vaccine therapy, weakness, and weight loss.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Lymphoma Itch

I am new to internet forums, so I hope I am doing this correctly. About 6 weeks ago, I developed a "whole body itch" that generally affects my chest, neck, scalp, ears. The doctors can not figure out why my body is producing this much histamine. It has been a nightmare!!! At first, I thought I was having a delayed reaction to Macrobid, but after scouring the internet looking for some, any answer, I came across itching as a symotom of lymphoma. I asked my doctor today about it, she casually checked my lymph nodes and replied that my WBC would be elevated (which it was not). Can anyone describe the lymphoma itch to me? Since it appears I am on my own for this one, can you also tell me what other symptoms I might experience (excluding the obvious enlarged lymph nodes)? Thanks so much!!!
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
907672_tn?1381029323
Sorry to hear about your itching problem.  Yes, it is true that sometimes itching is a symptom of lymphoma.  Typically, lymphoma will start off with swollen nodes and then other symptoms appear as the lymphoma progresses.  These other symptoms are called "B symptoms", and  can include fevers, weight loss and drenching night sweats.  I believe itching can also be included in this group.

I think it would be a stretch to finger lymphoma as the cause for your itching unless you have any of the other symptoms previously mentioned.  I wish you luck finding the source of your itching.
Blank
Thank you for your response.
Blank
907672_tn?1381029323
You are welcome.  I hope the itching goes away for you soon.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Leukemia & Lymphoma Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...