Leukemia & Lymphoma Community
Lymphoma due to HIV ??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to all leukemia and lymphoma issues, Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML), ALL, AML, CLL, SLL, anemia, biopsy, bone pain, chemotherapy, Hodgkins Lymphoma, monoclonal antibody therapy, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, stem cell transplant , swelling, vaccine therapy, weakness, and weight loss.

Lymphoma due to HIV ??

I have been recently diagnosed with Lymphoma. immunohistochemistry report is yet to be received . CT scan suggestive of lymphoma and all the symptoms are present. I do not have swollen lymph node on neck.  I have enlarged spleen with hypo dense lesions and in stomach mucosa was present and presence of chronic gastritis. Lymph nodes under my arms are swollen and left one was really big.

My doubt is whether I am having this lymphoma due to HIV infection.  I remember once While drunk and trying to have sex the condom came off  during insertion, but I realized it. But it was too late since I touched her private part with mine. Could it cause HIV infection because I do not know the girl?  Am really worried.  Any suggestions would be really helpful.

NO, lymphoma is not due to HIV infection.  They are 2 totally different things.  From what you describe, you were NEVER at risk of HIV infection from just touching your penis to a vagina or anus. Penetration is required for infection to take place.

HIV is not your issue

Hope this helps
Thanks a lot Nick, I got my lymph node biopsy report.  It says Nodular Lymphocyte Predominant Hodgkin s Lymphoma with CD20+ve .  I also have splenomegaly (6.6 cm of hypo dense lesion).

I had to change the doctor since I wanted to go to cancer specialty hospital. There they asked me to go through a series of blood tests, out of which one is HIV. Now my fear is getting exponentially bigger. I think I am worried more about HIV than Lymphoma itself.  If my HIV test result is negative and I have lymphoma alone, I would be the first person to throw a party for having a cancer.

And by the way I forgot to tell you I am 28, and the incident with girl happened 4 or 5 yrs ago.  And from the size of the lymph node, I assume I had swollen lymph nodes for at least 1.5 yrs.   After I got the pain in my stomach only I met the doctor.