Leukemia & Lymphoma Community
Lymphoma swelling.
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to all leukemia and lymphoma issues, Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML), ALL, AML, CLL, SLL, anemia, biopsy, bone pain, chemotherapy, Hodgkins Lymphoma, monoclonal antibody therapy, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, stem cell transplant , swelling, vaccine therapy, weakness, and weight loss.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Lymphoma swelling.

I had unprotected oral sex with someone very questionable in indonesia. I can't be hundred percent sure what else may have happened. I  have had the 12 week HIV result come back negative and syphilis negative. I also had a full blood check ( not sure what that entails....blood counts etc ) also did test for thyroid and liver function. The GP said it all came back normal. My only concern is over the last 6 weeks ( since mid late april) my right shoulder area has slowly become swollen. Especially under my collar bone. The swelling seems to be in my elbow and forearm as well. My back has been sore and swollen in the mid left of my back. Sometimes the back of my head, neck and ear is numb.  Also I have swollen gland/tendon or muscle on the  side of my left hip. I have burning sensations sometimes on my torso, arm and right side of face ( not so common at the moment). The collar arm area is starting to become quite sore. Some factors to consider is that I am 24. I have generally been healthy. I have been quite anxious and emotional about the whole HIV thing. I have been sexually abstinent in for the last three years until this happened. I don't take drugs and don't drink much. My father died from Bowel cancer when he was 46 ( 10 years ago). I have been a bit fatigued latley ( but I have been on sleeping pills for bad sleep).
So considering all this what should be my next course of action? I feel my doctors shrugs off my symptoms and thinks I am hypochondriac. I might go to another doctor for another opinion. What's your opinion? What course of action should I be taking? Could a symptom like this be purely down to anxiety and emotional exhaustion? The only thing is that this lymphoma thing that it is sticking around.  I am very concerned. Could i be experiencing soem form of Non-Hodgikens Lymphoma?