Leukemia & Lymphoma Community
MYELOMA Help reading CYTOGENETIC FISH report

This patient support community is for discussions relating to all leukemia and lymphoma issues, Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML), ALL, AML, CLL, SLL, anemia, biopsy, bone pain, chemotherapy, Hodgkins Lymphoma, monoclonal antibody therapy, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, stem cell transplant , swelling, vaccine therapy, weakness, and weight loss.

My FISH report reads:
(CDKN2Cx1 2, CKS1Bx4 5) 21/200   Does that mean 10.5 % were in cells?
(FGFR3x2, IGHx3) 9/200                  Does that mean 4.5% was found in interphase cells?
(MYEOVx2, IGHx3) 23/200               Does that mean 11.5% was found in interphase cells?
(D13S319,D13S1825) x 2 (200)          What are these designating?
(IGHx2 3, MAFx3) 10/200                 Does that mean 5% of interphase cells express MAF?
(TP53, D17Z1) x 3 (16/200)               Does that mean 8% of interphase cells express TP53?

I know these are all negative prognostics for survival. I want to know if the statements above tell the percent of cells expressing that variable.  I would also like to know if it is fair to say that the test identified 5 separate sub-clones since all of the percents are different meaning not ALL of the MM cells in interphase were expressing these chromosomal variants.

I also have no clue what the 3rd from last notation is designating.  Can you tell me?
Lastly, what is MYEOVx2 when it comes to myeloma cytogenetics?

Thank you kindly.
Tags: myeloma, cytogenetic testing, FISH report