MYELOMA TP53
My fish report reads:
These FISH studies detected multiple abnormalities in interphase nuclei including an extra cope of the IGH signal at 14q32, gain of MAF signal, and gain of TP53 signal.

Is a gain of TP53 signal does that mean a deletion? If there is a gain of signal is that the same as deletion 17p?
Does MAF = 16q23?  Is a gain of signal good or does signal detected many it is present and bad?

If the abnormalities are only found in a maximum of 11.5% of cells does that improve the negative overall prognostic or does simply having them determine prognosis independent of the quantity found?

Does TP53 signal trump trisomy/hyperdiploidy in terms of survival?

Thanks for your help!
I have Myeloma. But I'm sorry I have no idea how to decifer FISH (Bone Marrow Biopsy?)

My dr just explained the Biopsy as, 75% chance of good, 25% bad, and I am in the good range, with no negative genetic markers. other then the Myeloma itself I guess :(

I am in CR from treatment and just do bloodwork follow up every month (lites, M-spike etc)

Hi summerluvr!

I thought they would have hematologists/oncologists in this forum that could answer questions.  Is this the wrong spot.  Is this only for patients.

I have a multiplicity of genetic markers that are seemingly negative and want to understand if the percents make a difference.

I have been sustained and sCR for a year.