Leukemia & Lymphoma Community
MYELOMA TP53

This patient support community is for discussions relating to all leukemia and lymphoma issues, Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML), ALL, AML, CLL, SLL, anemia, biopsy, bone pain, chemotherapy, Hodgkins Lymphoma, monoclonal antibody therapy, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, stem cell transplant , swelling, vaccine therapy, weakness, and weight loss.

MYELOMA TP53

My fish report reads:
These FISH studies detected multiple abnormalities in interphase nuclei including an extra cope of the IGH signal at 14q32, gain of MAF signal, and gain of TP53 signal.

Is a gain of TP53 signal does that mean a deletion? If there is a gain of signal is that the same as deletion 17p?
Does MAF = 16q23?  Is a gain of signal good or does signal detected many it is present and bad?

If the abnormalities are only found in a maximum of 11.5% of cells does that improve the negative overall prognostic or does simply having them determine prognosis independent of the quantity found?

Does TP53 signal trump trisomy/hyperdiploidy in terms of survival?

Thanks for your help!
Tags: myeloma, TP53, trisomy, hyperdiploidy, MAF, 17p deletion
I have Myeloma. But I'm sorry I have no idea how to decifer FISH (Bone Marrow Biopsy?)

My dr just explained the Biopsy as, 75% chance of good, 25% bad, and I am in the good range, with no negative genetic markers. other then the Myeloma itself I guess :(

I am in CR from treatment and just do bloodwork follow up every month (lites, M-spike etc)

Hi summerluvr!

I thought they would have hematologists/oncologists in this forum that could answer questions.  Is this the wrong spot.  Is this only for patients.

I have a multiplicity of genetic markers that are seemingly negative and want to understand if the percents make a difference.

I have been sustained and sCR for a year.