My 3yr old is going through testing for Lymphoma
Here is some background: Last Thursday, my son was sent in for a CT due to vomiting for 5 days, some abdominal pain, fevers for over 2mths and wt loss.The Ct showed 80-100 mesenteric and retroperitineal lymph nodes measuring up to 2cm in size. The impression on the report : CONSIDERATION SHOULD BE GIVEN TO LYMPHOMA. We were immediately sent up to a Children's Hospital in Toledo, ohio. They ran some blood work. He had atypical lymphocyte, elevated uric acid and his LDH was borderline high. (normal is up to 235 and he was 233) Oncology came in for a consult and found out he has also had horrid night sweats and extreme fatigue. They were very concerned. Did another CT and found not as many lymph nodes as the first scan (they were able to keep the contrast down this time) but still showing prodominent lymph nodes measuring up to 2cm in size. He has some swelled lymph nodes through his neck, but chest was clear. No masses either. They were a little less concerned at this point and chose to do a bone marrow biopsy just out of one side and not doing a lymph node biopsy. The bone marrow biopsy came back shwoing he has a mycoplasma in his marrow, which is rare we have been told. No lukemia or lymphoma. He is starting on 6mths of zithromax and nystatin to help fight this infection. Our family doc is concerned with the bone marrow biopsy. He really believes we need a lymph node biopsy. Both him and the radiologist called us and said they would go for a 2nd opinion and have a lymph node biopsy.

So here are my questions:
1. Is an early Lymphoma even detectable in bone marrow?
2. Would you go for a 2nd opinion on having a lymph node biopsy?
3. Is there anything else I should know or do?

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!!

Concerned mama!
My mom was diagnosed as Lymphoma last Friday (3/27) after biopsy of the tumor in her head. I've also learned some about Lymphoma, NHL during past 3 days.

I'm in China and doctors here told me that lymphoma has 4 stages, 4 stage is the last and worst. It means cancer cell has invaded into bone marrow. My mom had bone marrow biopsy done Monday (3/30) and still waiting result.

Although I don't have enough knowledge about mycoplasma, I would definitely carefully consider your family doc and radiologist's opinion.

I pray for your child.
its outrageous to go for CT in a  case of suspected lymphoma prior to lymph node biopsy.go as per your GP.MAY GOD BLESS THE KID.
I thought i would share an update:

We are scheduled for a lymph node biopsy next Tuesday. He continues with some night sweats and weight loss. He hasn't had a fever in 10 days. Longest time in months. He had a repeat CBC done yesterday. He still has elevated lymphs with atypical lymphs showing. He has been on Zithromax and Nystatin for 3wks now. If this was a bacterial problem, wouldn't the antibiotics have done something to change his blood counts? He Segs are low as well. I guess we will find out more next week. The lymph nodes in his neck and collar bone region continue to be approximately 1.5-2cm in size.